Crawford Art Gallery Workshop
Printed tree template (or if you’re feeling creative you could draw your own!)
Different coloured crepe paper
Cotton wool balls
Markers and colouring pencils
Scissors (Ask an adult for help with these 🙂
Optional: Glitter, googly stick-on eyes
2. In a similar way fill in your tree trunk and the grassy part of your landscape.
3. Now you can do your tree’s leaves! Stick on different shades of crepe paper, you could even try scrunching it up a bit to give your leaves some volume. Add a sun if you’d like a sunny scene.
4. Using the same method as for the leaves above add some flowers, you could even try adding some fruit to the tree if you wanted!
5. Using some cotton wall balls add some fluffy clouds to the sky.
6. If you want, you could now add a bit of wildlife to your work of art. You could do some sheep like in this example. But if you have some coloured cotton wool why not try making some little yellow chicks or any other animals you like!
7. This is just an example and there are lots of ways you could fill the scene! You could add a rainbow, put yourself and your friends in the scene, create a night time scene with some glitter for the stars… etc.! The possibilities are endless, so most of all have fun!
Emmet Place, Cork, Ireland
N.B. Last entry is 15 minutes before closing
Thursday until 8.00pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays
11.00 am – 4.00pm